Wednesday 26th June, 2013 @ 7pm (pre-meeting downstairs at 6pm)
Address Muttis upstairs (118 Elgin st, Carlton VIC)
|Introduction to Puppet||Kate O'Toole|
|Introduction to the Lua programming language||David Burgess|
Please register at:
Feel like doing a talk, please volunteer on our mailing list or email me directly at email@example.com
|June?||My experience with open source (lightning talk)||Chris Watkins|
'mlug-au' at freenode.
- Evaluate alternatives to dokuwiki, set them up and show them at MLUG meetings either before or after.
- Mock up a better design or suggest a better menu structure.
- Updates to our other groups listing, I would love this to be complete.
- Create tutorials / content for our website, such as cheat sheets or handy hints.
Refer to our discussion at the start of the year at: rolling distros & MLUG 2012 improvements
The MLUG mailing list is great place to keep up to date on Linux news and events and discuss Linux/open source related questions.
|Melbourne Linux User Group|
|Join the MLUG Google Group|
It's best to head over to the mailing list for any questions, discussion or announcements. If you are having problems related to MLUG and you are not on mailing list you can contact:
Mob: 0488 902 201.
Check compatibility before buying a notebook: http://www.linlap.com/
Support GNU/Linux/BSD Vendors
MLUG is not connected to these companies in any way. These are just companies we have found that are selling notebooks/computers with the option of Linux pre-installed or no OS installed.
http://www.linuxnow.com.au/ - Lots of options and lots of distros on offer (Melbourne based)
http://www.horize.com – Horize notebooks, better specs than some of the stores
http://www.logicalblueone.com.au - Offer Ubuntu or No OS, competitive prices (Horize only)
http://www.pioneercomputers.com.au/ - Good range, plenty of options.
http://www.elx.com.au/cat/systems - Sydney based but can deliver.
The new extras that we talk/work on at meetings are:
- Working on improving the MLUG group such as website, mailing list, services, venue selection, getting the word out about mlug.
- Cool Things this month (everyone who comes gets a chance to tell us what's cool this month in the world of Linux and Open Source)
- Too Hard Basket. Everyone has a task which is too hard to complete, this is a chance to get fresh input on your “too hard basket” item.
Linux useful commands: http://www.pixelbeat.org/cmdline.html
You can help to keep MLUG running by making a small donation using PayPal. See the about page for more details.